Disclosure: This post may be sponsored and/or contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Meaning, I get a commission if you purchase through my links at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Love is in the air and romance is just around the corner! When February rolls around, this month can make you lose sight of the true meaning of Valentine’s Day. The most basic and obvious reason being to show that someone special how special they really are to you.
Valentine’s Day is just one day out of the year where you really want to pull out all of the stops. You just want to be EXTRA with showing how much you love someone! But, like most millennials, we have to work with what we’ve got (which on a college/after-college budget is barely a couple of nickels and dimes). So, sometimes a meaningful way to say “I Love You” works just as good as an expensive dinner at a 5-star restaurant with valet parking (it is very nice every once in a while though #TreatYourself).
Here is my list of 29 of the best love quotes for Valentine’s Day (or any day really!) to express your love to the one who makes your heart smile the most (and also why some of these quotes are the best):
- “How you love yourself is how you teach others to love you.” – Rupi Kaur
The first rule of all is a cliché but still very true, “If you can’t love yourself then how do you expect others to love you?” You need to learn how to love yourself first and treat yourself like the Queen you are!
As much as you need to push yourself and be hard on yourself, you also need to be kind and forgiving of yourself as well. If you’re not respecting yourself and treating yourself with unconditional love then others won’t either.
2.“Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” – Alfred Lord Tennyson
3. “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard but must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
A lot of us tend to overthink (myself included) and it overshadows how we may really feel about a situation or distort what a situation actually is (sometimes it’s not as bad as we think). The fact of the matter is this: Just let go and let flow. Trust that your heart will lead you to make the right decisions.
4. “Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.” – Maya Angelou
You never know if the person you love at this moment is going to be the person you love for the rest of your life. BUT If you’re willing to do whatever it takes and put in the effort to make your relationship work then that’s all you need! You have to be willing to believe and actually be hopeful in your relationship to be the one.
5. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu
6. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
7. “I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you.” – Roy Croft
The person you are in love with should bring out the best in you; they should make you feel your best and motivate you to want to be the best person you can be for them! This person shouldn’t play on your insecurities, foster your bad habits, or make you feel anything other than happy when you’re with them (most of the time lol).
8. “To the world you may be one person, but to one person you are the world.” – Bill Wilson
9. “A true relationship is two imperfect people refusing to give up on each other.” – Unknown
10. “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” – Victor Hugo
You can be the best, nicest person in the world but there is still that doubt. There’s still that insecurity telling you you’re not good enough or you’re not worthy of love.
We are always searching for happiness and I don’t think there is any happiness without love. To be loved for who we truly are as people, with all of our flaws and all of the beautiful things that make us stand out, speaks volumes and can make any person the happiest in the world. To actually be seen by someone and to be loved so dearly is priceless.
11. “If you would be loved, love and be lovable.” – Benjamin Franklin
12. “Where there is love, there is life.” – Mahatma Gandhi
13. “The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.” – Mother Teresa
14. “Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Yes, we all want a partner we are physically attracted to as well as mentally and emotionally attracted to but the ultimate goal is that you both have the same goals and similar aspirations in life. Your dreams should be fairly aligned so you’re both on the same page and one person doesn’t feel pressured or feel like their desires are being ignored.
For example, if your partner does not want to get married and/or have children do not try to hold out false hope that their mind will change later on (or that you can change their mind). It could happen but generally, be on the same page.
15. “Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
16. “Love is blind.” – Geoffrey Chauce
17. “All that you are is all that I’ll ever need.” – Ed Sheeran
Stay true to who you are and the right person will find you because just being you is enough. Plain and simple.
18. “I love you for all that you are, all that you have been, and all that you will be.” – Unknown
19. “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” – Audrey Hepburn
20. “I will love you until the stars go out, and the tides no longer turn.” – Unknown
This love has no end in sight and that’s because you choose for there to be no end. This love is unconditional and is a true “til death do us part” kind of love (hm, inspiration for my future wedding vows?).
21. “To lose balance sometimes for love is part of living a balanced life.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
22. “I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and, at times, hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.” – Marilyn Monroe
We are all human and nobody is perfect (except for Beezus aka Beyoncé) so if someone expects perfect from you at every given moment then they are NOT for you! First and foremost, that is a lot of expectation to live up to knowing that you most likely will not be able to.
Secondly, one man’s trash is another man’s treasure…so if he wants you to wear full-face glam makeup everyday but you don’t want to (I don’t know about you but I don’t have the time) then find a man who doesn’t care whether you have makeup on or not! In other words, if you can’t handle me at my 2007 Britney Spears then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best! #RideOrDie
23. “When we are in love, we seem to ourselves quite different from what we were before.” – Blaise Pascal
24. “We accept the love we think we deserve.” – Stephen Chbosky
To some people, the person we love the most is ourselves. To others, they may not even think they are deserving of love. Whether you know it or not, you deserve to be loved in the best of ways. Don’t accept anything less!
25. “Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde
26. “Who, being loved, is poor?” – Oscar Wilde
27. “Everyone you meet comes with baggage. Find someone who loves you enough to help you unpack.” – Unknown
28. “Love is the crowning grace of humanity, the holiest right of the soul, the golden link which binds us.” – Petrarch
29. “Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.” – James Baldwin
We are out truest selves when we are in love. We are vulnerable, we are open-minded, we are wanting to give our all to this person so that they in return will hopefully give their all back to you.
In life, we may wear masks whether to hide who we are at work, with family, or with our friends. With the person you’re in love with, you don’t want to wear any masks and will risk showing all true parts of yourself because they give you hope that they will be accepting of you in spite of it all.
No one really know what love is and sometimes it can be hard to express, but we know it’s there. I mean, Nicholas Sparks said it best: “Love is like the wind, you can’t see it but you can feel it.”
We can feel it within us and within the people we share our lives with. Even if you can’t find the words to express it, there’s plenty of quotes that can sum up some of how you feel. Sometimes, the simplest and smallest acts of love can make a huge impact. Love is love, right?
Do you have any favorite love quotes? How do you express your love to your special someone?